8.27.2009

Tomato Town


With my supply of tomatoes from the garden continually mounting I've been looking for new ways to eat and enjoy these little babies.


A recipe for pizza in my baking cookbook "Knead" caught my eye.  You make the basic pizza dough from scratch, then top it with sliced tomatoes, basil, olive oil and mozzarella cheese.  Sounds simple and tasty.  Perfect.


I dusted off the old stand mixer to make the dough.  After a few minutes of mixing, and an hour or so to rise, I had a wee ball o' dough- ready for pizza making



We ended up making two pizzas.  One with the tomato sauce that I made last week, and one with these sliced tomatoes straight from the garden.


I really couldn't take pictures of the last steps as it involved sliding the dough onto a hot pan and hastily assembling the ingredients before shoving them into the oven.  The end result was pretty satisfying though, and very, very tasty.




Yum.

No comments: