7.26.2010

It's a jungle out there

Just returned from ten days in Maine. The garden has survived (and thrived) in my absence. Everything is growing into and on top of everything else, weeds included. I have my work cut out for me in the days to come.


This Zuchinni was as big around as a baseball bat, and nearly as long. It got chucked in the compost heap. A couple of nice ones made it onto the diiner plate though.


Pumpkin growing into Zucchini, growing into Tomato, growing into watermelon. It's a beautiful mess.


Sugar Baby Watermelon. Bowling ball size. Maybe ready to pick this week.


Blacktail Mountain watermelon. Softball size.


My assistant director of Zinnia beheading. Hard at work.


Sungold Tomatoes on the vine...


...and in my hand.


Charentais melon. First one picked of the season (cue ominous music...)


The summer squash and zucchini joined some Sungolds in a pasta for dinner.

I really thought that this melon was ripe.



It even looked a little ripe on the inside. But, alas it was not to be. It tasted like...water. Hard, sour, melony flavored water.

No comments: